- Oval Hilly Landscape
- ca. 1780
- Graphite, brown wash, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 8 7/8in. (18.4 x 22.5cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "R Cooper d"; in pen and brown ink lower right: "14/s"; inscribed on back in graphite center right: "1137"; in graphite lower center: "11"
Stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Signed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "R Cooper d"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | Danish | hills | landscape | ovals | rivers | structures (single built works) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Danmark | Europe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Cooper the Elder, 1701–1764, British, Oval Hilly Landscape, ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.