- Moses Brought to Pharaoh's Daughter
- Line engraving
- Sheet: 16 5/8 × 20 5/8 inches (42.2 × 52.4 cm)
Lettered below image: "And the child grew & she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter & he became her son. And she called his name Moses. | From the Original Painting in the Foundling Hospital. Engraved by Will'm. Hogarth & Luke Sullivan. | Pulished as the Act directs Feb'ry 5, 1752."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art,Gift of Suzanne and William H. Speaker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | boy | censer | child | clouds | courtier | crocodile | drapery | greeting | headdress | man | money | Moses is either presented to Pharoah's daughter or surrounded by women fondling him | palace | pillar | princess | pyramids (tombs) | robe | rope | sandal | sculpture | servant | sitting | standing | terrace | throne | tile | woman
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luke Sullivan, 1705–1771, British, Moses Brought to Pharaoh's Daughter, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.