- Shepherding the Flock, Windy Day
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, rough, wove Scotch paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 10 3/4 inches (22.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox | 1848"; in graphite, verso, centernot in artist's hand: "Driving Home the Flock | D. Coxe [sic]"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox | 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | genre subject | landscape | shepherd | sky | trees | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Shepherding the Flock, Windy Day, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.