IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Shepherding the Flock, Windy Day, 1848
Shepherding the Flock, Windy Day
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, rough, wove Scotch paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 10 3/4 inches (22.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox | 1848"; in graphite, verso, centernot in artist's hand: "Driving Home the Flock | D. Coxe [sic]"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox | 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | genre subject | landscape | shepherd | sky | trees | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.