- ca. 1802
- Watercolor, with graphite, pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 5 inches (17.1 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand and dated in pen and grey ink, lower center: "WINTER | Happiest of all the train! the raptur'd boy | lashes the whirling top | Line 764" [in wash border].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | ice | men | play | pond | skate | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.