IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Corbould, 1757–1831, British, Winter, ca. 1802
- ca. 1802
- Watercolor, with graphite, pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 5 inches (17.1 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand and dated in pen and grey ink, lower center: "WINTER | Happiest of all the train! the raptur'd boy | lashes the whirling top | Line 764" [in wash border].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | ice | men | play | pond | skate | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.