attributed to Maria Hadfield Cosway, 1759–1838, British, Sappho, 1826
- Brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 x 7 1/4 inches (22.9 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "PHAON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Andrew Wilton
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- babies | braids | children | flutes | Greek | historical subject | lyre | poet | portrait | putti | trees | wings (costume accessories) | women
- Associated People:
- Sappho (630–612 BC–c. 570 BC)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.