attributed to Maria Hadfield Cosway, 1759–1838, British, Sappho, 1826
- Brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 x 7 1/4 inches (22.9 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "PHAON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Andrew Wilton
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- babies | braids | children | flutes | Greek | historical subject | lyre | poet | portrait | putti | trees | wings (costume accessories) | women
- Associated People:
- Sappho (630-612 BC–c. 570 BC)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.