The Junction of Lyon and Tay
- Former Title(s):
The River Tay and Tributary
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/8 inches (30.8 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | forest | houses | landscape | mountains | river | valley
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | Tay | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, The Junction of Lyon and Tay, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.