The Junction of Lyon and Tay
- Former Title(s):
The River Tay and Tributary
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/8 inches (30.8 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | forest | houses | landscape | mountains | river | valley
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | Tay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Duncan Robinson, Fairest isle : the appreciation of British scenery, 1750-1850, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1989, p. 19, no. 148, ND1354.4 F35 (YCBA) [YCBA]