- The Junction of Lyon and Tay
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/8 inches (30.8 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Smith 1788"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | forest | houses | landscape | mountains | river | valley
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | Tay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, The Junction of Lyon and Tay, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.