Havering Bower, Essex (A View of a Country Mansion)
- Additional Title(s):
- Green wash and graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 6 5/8 inches (11.7 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Havering Bower | Essex | May 16 1819"; on verso, upper center: "J. Constable"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | country (rural landscape) | house | landscape | mansion
- Associated Places:
- England | Essex | Europe | Greater London | Havering-atte-Bower | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Havering Bower, Essex (A View of a Country Mansion), 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.