On the Coast of Sorrentum
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 10 1/2 inches (14.3 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "On the Coast of Surrentum.";in graphite, center:"tuffa"; in gray ink, verso, center: "JKS Smith 99" ; in graphite, lower right: "D. 3007"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | clouds | coast | landscape | mountains | sailboat | sea
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Italy | Sorrento | Surrentum
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, On the Coast of Sorrentum, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.