IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, A View of Tivoli Looking Towards Rome, ca. 1781
A View of Tivoli Looking Towards Rome
- ca. 1781
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 x 32 inches (52.1 x 81.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cityscape | Classical | cliff | geology | Grand Tour | landscape | science | sky | view | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Rome | Tivoli
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.