- A Large Tree in a Summer Landscape, a Horse Standing at the Base
- Watercolor, white gouache, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (37.8 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "John Constable: Study of tree in landscape | 74 | 10 | 22 | 4"
Collectors Way Stamp: (Pierre Dubart?; not in Lught).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cows | grazing | horses (animals) | pastures | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Constable, 1828–1887, British, A Large Tree in a Summer Landscape, a Horse Standing at the Base, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.