A Large Tree in a Summer Landscape, a Horse Standing at the Base
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, white gouache, graphite, and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (37.8 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "John Constable: Study of tree in landscape | 74 | 10 | 22 | 4"
Collectors Way Stamp: (Pierre Dubart?; not in Lught).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cows | grazing | horses (animals) | pastures | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Constable, 1828–1887, British, A Large Tree in a Summer Landscape, a Horse Standing at the Base, undated