IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Building on a Hillside in a Mountainous Village (China?), undated
Building on a Hillside in a Mountainous Village (China?)
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on Two joined pieces of medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 15 inches (25.4 x 38.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | buildings | cityscape | figures | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | stonecutting
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Martina Droth, Britain in the world: Highlights from the Yale Center for British Art in honor of Amy Meyers, Yale University Press, New Haven, London, p. 128, p. 130 (detail), N6761 .Y33 2019 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
Narrative of the voyages and services of the Nemesis, from 1840 to 1843; and of the combined naval and military operations in China: comprising a complete account of the colony of Hong-Kong, and remarks on the character and habits of the Chinese, H. Colburn, London, vol. 2, p. 83, Eeb 840 (LSF) [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.