David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Entrance to Calais Harbour, ca. 1829
Entrance to Calais Harbour
- ca. 1829
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 11 inches (18.7 × 27.9 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "D. Cox | 18[?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | marine art | pier | sails | ships
- Associated Places:
- Calais | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.