Old Man and Children Seated, Cooking
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 6 3/8 × 8 1/4 inches (16.2 × 21 cm), Mount: 9 1/2 × 11 1/4 inches (24.1 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed and dated in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Aug 31.1840". Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "50."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | children | cooking | figure study | hut | marine art | sea | shore (landform)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Old Man and Children Seated, Cooking, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.