Lap House, Inner Harbor, Macao
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 13 1/8 inches (23.5 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper right shorthand and: "J 5. 1841-"; Inscribed on back in graphite center lower center: "Lap House Inner Harbor Macao visited by Sir William Parker 31 October 1873"; in graphite lower right sideways: "63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures | harbors | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China | Macau
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Lap House, Inner Harbor, Macao, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.