Coast Scene with Fishermen and Buildings, Macao
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 inches (21 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite upper right in shorthand: "t/24.1843- | _"; Inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "_ Macao"; in graphite lower right sideways: "74"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | fishermen (people) | genre subject | mast | men | shores (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China | Macau
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Coast Scene with Fishermen and Buildings, Macao, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.