Indian Fishing Boats
- after 1819
- Pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 6 1/8 × 9 inches (15.6 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "17"; upper left: "X6220"; in shorthand in pen and black ink, upper and lower right: "[...]"; in graphite, lower right: "fishing net."
Watermark: Whatman Turkey Mill 1819
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | fishermen | fishing boats | marine art | men | sail
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Indian Fishing Boats, after 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.