Indian Fishing Boats
- after 1819
- Pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 9 inches (15.6 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "17"; upper left: "X6220"; in shorthand in pen and black ink, upper and lower right: "[...]"; in graphite, lower right: "fishing net."
Watermark: Whatman Turkey Mill 1819
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | fishermen | fishing boats | marine art | men | sail
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Indian Fishing Boats, after 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.