IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Illustration to Fielding's Amelia, undated
Illustration to Fielding's Amelia
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Slight graphite sketch
- Graphite, pen, black ink, brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 5 1/8 inches (9.5 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink over graphite; upper left:" Amelia, Vol.1st Book 1st, Chap. 4 th."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- deaths | jugs | literary theme | sorrow
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.