- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 4 1/8 inches (14.3 × 10.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/2 × 6 1/8 inches (19.1 × 15.6 cm), and Mount: 7 3/4 × 6 3/8 inches (19.7 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed label on verso of mount in pen and brown ink, center: "203 Sketches by Chinnery | in this book."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, in shorthand, lower right: "[...] 20 | 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | portrait | self-portrait
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.