A Font in Walsoken Church, Norfolk
- ca. 1811
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 5 1/4 inches (17.8 x 13.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches (18.7 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Font in Walsoken Ch. Norfolk J.S. Cotman 42"; in graphite, lower right: "which I [?saw] at [...]"; upper left: "[...]"; in graphite, upper right: "[...]acren[...] | [?N E.]"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind stamp
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | font (religious building fixture)
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Font in Walsoken Church, Norfolk, ca. 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.