Great Snoring Church, Norfolk
- 1815 to 1816
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 9 1/4 inches (15.2 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "2031"; lower left: "Great Snoring Ch. Norfolk sketched 1815."; lower right: "J.S. Cotman 1816"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Great Snoring Church, Norfolk, 1815 to 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.