Interior of the Ruins of Yarmouth Priory
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11 1/4 inches (22.2 x 28.6 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 10 3/4 x 12 5/8 inches (27.3 x 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Very dark"; in graphite, lower right: "Priory. Yarm.th Augs. t 2.11--"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | interior | priory | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Yarmouth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Interior of the Ruins of Yarmouth Priory, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.