The Bridge of Sighs, Venice
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 15/16 × 7 1/4 inches (10 × 18.4 cm)
In ink, on verso, by Charles Ricketts: "The Bridge of Sighs - Venice - Alfred Stevens/ bought from collection of J. Gjemble (sic)/ from/ Charles Ricketts/ to/ T. Lowinsky" and "First year in Italy."
Collector's mark: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | bridges, covered | canal | cityscape | gondolas | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Bridge of Sighs | Italy | Ponte dei Sospiri | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Stevens, 1817–1875, British, The Bridge of Sighs, Venice, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.