- Design for Ceiling and Frieze
- Watercolor, pen and ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 11 1/2in. (22.9 x 29.2cm) and Sheet: 9 1/8 × 11 1/2 inches (23.2 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "black"
Lettered in pen and brown ink upper left to upper right: "H L R V M C C C L X D M V C"; lower center: "I V A | E N T V S"; lower left: "D E C | R I P I T A S"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Stevens, 1817–1875, British, Design for Ceiling and Frieze, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.