- Landscape with Lime-Kiln and Workmen
- ca. 1808
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 7 3/8 inches (22.8 x 18.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D 840"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | cliffs | drinking | genre subject | jug | labor | laborers | landscape | lime kiln | limestone | men | resting | shovels | smoke | stairs | woman | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Marshall Craig, ca. 1788–1828, British, Landscape with Lime-Kiln and Workmen, ca. 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.