Design for the grand staircase at Buckingham Palace, West View
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink and wash on medium thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 18 3/4 inches (15.6 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "West"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Tho.s Stothard"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Design for the grand staircase at Buckingham Palace, West View, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.