Loch Ranza Castle, Isle of Arran, Scotland
- ca. 1800
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 7 7/8 inches (27 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Ranza Castle, Isle of Arran"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J S Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cows | pond
- Associated Places:
- Arran, Island of | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Loch Ranza Castle, Isle of Arran, Scotland, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.