- Framlingham Castle, Suffolk: Part of Ruined Interior
- ca. 1815
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 8 3/4 inches (31.8 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Framlingh July 15, [?1815] | Sky very blue, the buildings grey, oker & black. a little red for chimney. in chimney to r. madder and [?lake] | Queen Mary's cell"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | interior | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Framlingham | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Framlingham Castle, Suffolk: Part of Ruined Interior, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.