- A Peasant Girl Shading Her Eyes
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 10 9/16 inches (42.5 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D943"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center right
signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J. C. 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | dress | fabric | gaze | genre subject | gesturing | girl | kerchief | peasant | shoes | sunlight | walking
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, A Peasant Girl Shading Her Eyes, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.