Ruin behind the Free School, Thetford, Suffolk
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 11 inches (18.1 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Ruins behind the Free School Thetford Suffolk"; in graphite, lower right: "1818. J S. Cotman"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "1818. J S. Cotman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | free school | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Suffolk | Thetford | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Ruin behind the Free School, Thetford, Suffolk, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.