Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 9 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (24.8 x 18.7 cm) and 14 3/4 × 10 1/8 inches (37.5 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Castle Acre Norfolk"; inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Castle Acre Norfolk. J.S. Cotman."; in graphite, lower right: "no. 5"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "1818 -- J S. Cotman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | priory
- Associated Places:
- Castle Acre | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.