IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, Study of a Man Holding a Stick, undated
Study of a Man Holding a Stick
- Black chalk and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 4 13/16 x 3 13/16 inches (12.2 x 9.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "B17"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | coat | figure study | hat | man | path | resting | shoes | stick | study (visual work) | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.