Aylmerton Church; Norfolk, from the South-West
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 10 1/8 x 11 3/4 inches (25.7 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AYLMERTON CH Norfolk. J.SC. 1816"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J.SC. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | graveyard | tombstones
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Aylmerton Church; Norfolk, from the South-West, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.