Aylmerton Church; Norfolk, from the South-West
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 1/8 x 11 3/4 inches (25.7 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AYLMERTON CH Norfolk. J.SC. 1816"
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J.SC. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | graveyard | tombstones
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Aylmerton Church; Norfolk, from the South-West, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.