IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Upwell Rectory, Norfolk, 1816
Upwell Rectory, Norfolk
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 9 inches (27.9 x 22.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 x 9 3/4 inches (33 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman 1816 | Upwell Rectory Norfolk. Sketched Nov. 8. 1816"
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | facade | rectory
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Upwell
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.