- Upwell Rectory, Norfolk
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 9 inches (27.9 x 22.9 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 13 x 9 3/4 inches (33 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman 1816 | Upwell Rectory Norfolk. Sketched Nov. 8. 1816"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | facade | rectory
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Upwell
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Upwell Rectory, Norfolk, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.