IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Crome, 1768–1821, British, The Blacksmith's Shop, Hingham, between 1807 and 1809
The Blacksmith's Shop, Hingham
- between 1807 and 1809
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 24 × 17 1/4 inches (61 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "frame 23 1/2 x 29 3/4"
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | blacksmith | shop
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.