Tower of the Village Church of Saint Maclou, Normandy
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 7 1/8 inches (30.5 x 18.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/2 x 10 inches (41.9 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Tower of the Village Ch of St. Maclou."; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "46."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman July 18. 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy | Village Church of Saint Maclou
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Tower of the Village Church of Saint Maclou, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.