South-East View of the Church of Lery, near Pont-de-l'Arche, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (19.7 x 26.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 10 3/8 x 13 1/4 inches (26.4 x 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J S. Cotman July 6th 1817"; in graphite, lower left: "South East view of the Church of Lery near Pont de l'Arch"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "51."
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J S. Cotman July 6th 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- Church of Lery | France | Normandy | Pont-de-l'Arche
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, South-East View of the Church of Lery, near Pont-de-l'Arche, Normandy, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.