East End of the Abbey Church of St. Paul at Rouen, Normandy
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 3/8 inches (17.8 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Eglise St Paul a Rouen J.S. Cotman 1817."
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman 1817."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- Abbey Church of St. Paul | France | Normandy | Rouen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, East End of the Abbey Church of St. Paul at Rouen, Normandy, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.