St. Peter at Lisieux, Normandy: West Front
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches (42.5 x 27.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 19 7/8 x 14 1/4 inches (50.5 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman July 23 1818 | Church of St. Peter at Lisieux. West front."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman July 23 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- France | Lisieux | Normandy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Sell Cotman (Whitworth Art Gallery, - ) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Cotman in Normandy (Dulwich Picture Gallery, 2012-10-10 - 2013-01-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John Sell Cotman (Victoria and Albert Museum, 1983-08-01 - ) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John Sell Cotman (Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, - 1983-02-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]