St. Peter at Lisieux, Normandy: West Front
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches (42.5 x 27.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 19 7/8 x 14 1/4 inches (50.5 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman July 23 1818 | Church of St. Peter at Lisieux. West front."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J.S Cotman July 23 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- France | Lisieux | Normandy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, St. Peter at Lisieux, Normandy: West Front, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.