School of St. Rocco, Venice, Study of Curved Decoration
- ca. 1835
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 7 1/4in. (22.7 x 18.4cm) and Sheet: 8 7/8 × 7 1/4 inches (22.5 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "School of S. Rocco. Venice"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Sent to Converra January 24th 1835"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Thomas Cromek"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | architectural subject | decoration | drapery
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hartley Cromek, 1809–1873, British, School of St. Rocco, Venice, Study of Curved Decoration, ca. 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.