Budleigh, Salterton... An easier way of descending ye cliff
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 × 7 inches (11.6 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, upper left: "red"; inscribed on verso in black crayon: "Budleigh Solterton"; in pen and brown ink: "an easier way of descending ye cliff"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliff | coast | fence | landscape | shoreline
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. William Crotch, 1775–1847, Budleigh, Salterton... An easier way of descending ye cliff, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.