IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dr. William Crotch, 1775–1847, Budleigh, Salterton... An easier way of descending ye cliff, 1833
Budleigh, Salterton... An easier way of descending ye cliff
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 × 7 inches (11.6 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, upper left: "red"; inscribed on verso in black crayon: "Budleigh Solterton"; in pen and brown ink: "an easier way of descending ye cliff"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliff | coast | fence | landscape | shoreline
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.