East End of Saint Jacques at Dieppe, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (29.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "East End of St. Jacques at Dieppe."
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S. Cotman 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Dieppe | France | Normandy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, East End of Saint Jacques at Dieppe, Normandy, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.