East End of the Abbey Church of Saint Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 9 1/2 inches (34.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "E End of St. Georges near Rouen J.S. Cotman 1818"; in graphite, lower left: "East end of the Abbey Church of St. Georges de Bocherville"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy | Rouen
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, East End of the Abbey Church of Saint Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.