IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, East End of the Abbey Church of Saint Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy, 1818
East End of the Abbey Church of Saint Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 9 1/2 inches (34.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "E End of St. Georges near Rouen J.S. Cotman 1818"; in graphite, lower left: "East end of the Abbey Church of St. Georges de Bocherville"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy | Rouen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Cotman in Normandy (Dulwich Picture Gallery, 2012-10-10 - 2013-01-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.