- South-East View of the Church of Ifs, Near Caen, Normandy
- ca. 1820
- Graphite and brown wash on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 11 3/8 inches (46.4 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "25"; in graphite, lower left: "South east view of the Church of Ifs, near Caen"; inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "Cotman, J.S. | Church If"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J S. Cotman | Cotman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- Caen | France | Normandy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, South-East View of the Church of Ifs, Near Caen, Normandy, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.