Bridge and Ruin, after Richard Wilson; On the Tiber
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fragment of the Title Page of The British Gallery, 1818 [ie 1820]
- ca. 1820
- Graphite and black chalk on medium slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 6 5/8 inches (10.5 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "On the Tiber"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | landscape | river | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Tiber
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Bridge and Ruin, after Richard Wilson; On the Tiber, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.