Albany Street, Regents Park
- ca. 1825
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, green ink, graphite, and gouache on very thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 18 inches (35.9 × 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and scratched out, (on lamp post) lower left: "W | H"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "William Havell | Albany street, Regent's Park | St. Katherine's Hospital on the right. | signed with initials W H on lamp post"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Mellon 9971"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: 2560c" | 700 [...] | set in lines | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | genre subject | horse (animal) | street | streetlamps
- Associated Places:
- England | London | Regent's Park
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Unknown artist, nineteenth century, Albany Street, Regents Park, ca. 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.