- A View of the Valley of Stones, Devon, with a scene in the Tempest, Act 1
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, gray ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid down on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with drawn border
- Sheet: 16 1/4 × 25 1/8 inches (41.3 × 63.8 cm) and Mount: 16 7/8 × 25 5/8 inches (42.9 × 65.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, verso, center: "N° 7 | A View of the Valley of Stones Devon - with a scene in the Tempest Act 1st"; lower left: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | capes (outerwear) | cross (object) | geology | literary theme | rocks (landforms) | science | stones | The Tempest, play by William Shakespeare | theater (discipline)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Valley of Stones
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, A View of the Valley of Stones, Devon, with a scene in the Tempest, Act 1, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.