IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, The Coast of Sussex from the Downs, undated
The Coast of Sussex from the Downs
- Black chalk, red chalk, and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 14 inches (24.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D.2225"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.