- Boat Building - Dockyard at Birmingham
- mid to late 1800s
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (21.3 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "a | r"; upper center in artist's hand: "Dockyard | at Birm"
Verso: collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | canal | dockyard | genre subject | men | workers
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Boat Building - Dockyard at Birmingham, mid to late 1800s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.