Chateau Navarre, near Evreux, Normandy
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 9 5/8 x 13 3/4 inches (24.4 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Original drawing | by J.S. Cotman"
Watermark: "J. Whatman | "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | building | château | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy | Évreux
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Cotman in Normandy (Dulwich Picture Gallery, 2012-10-10 - 2013-01-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Papermaking and The Art of Watercolor in Eighteenth-Century Britain: Paul Sandby's "View of…Mr. Whatman's Turkey Mill" (Yale Center for British Art, 2006-02-22 - 2006-06-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Timothy Wilcox, Cotman in Normandy, Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, 2012, pp. 109-10, no. 36, NJ18.C81 W55 2012 + OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]