Chateau Navarre, near Evreux, Normandy
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 13 3/4 inches (24.4 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Original drawing | by J.S. Cotman"
Watermark: "J. Whatman | "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | building | château | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy | Évreux
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Timothy Wilcox, Cotman in Normandy, Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, 2012, pp. 109-10, no. 36, NJ18.C81 W55 2012 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)