IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Bridge in a Continental Town, ca. 1830
Bridge in a Continental Town
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 20 1/2 inches (34.6 x 52.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 15 3/8 x 22 1/4 inches (39.1 x 56.5 cm)
Signed in watercolor, lower left: "J S Cotman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridges (built works) | costume | landscape | men | mountains | sky | town | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Oil on Water - Oil Sketches by British Watercolorists (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-08-26 - 1986-11-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Malcolm Cormack, Oil on water, oil sketches by British watercolorists , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1986, p. 21, fig. 10, ND467 C67 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.